Thursday, November 7, 2013

Just About Finished!!


All weekend I’ve been working on having my iBook fully completed and finished so it’ll be ready to submit on Friday. This took several hours due to the fact I not only had to make each page look well presented, but I also had to make voice recordings and import them onto every page. But in the end it was worth all the work because now I think my iBook looks similar to something that could be downloaded from the iBooks store. I think that all the fonts and colours have worked together really nicely, creating a good theme for my story and interest for the reader.

However the voice recordings were probably the overall most challenging and time-consuming aspect of this whole project. This was mainly due to the fact I had to:
- Take multiple attempts of recording a page if I accidentally stuffed up a word or stuttered
- Had to trim down each clipping so there were no gaps between the start and finishes of when I spoke
 Make sure there was no ‘click sound' at the end of each recording from my finger pressing down on the track pad to stop the recording 
However after finialising the voice recordings, I’m really happy with how they’ve turned out because I think they sound really good! 




I also managed to find some suitable background images for each chapter. Instead of having an image behind the writing, I thought it would look more effective if at the top and bottom of each page there was a stripy pattern to add interest. These are some screenshots from chapter 2. The stripes at the bottom and top of the page are what every other page has as well.




The reason I couldn’t get a full page screenshot was because the page didn’t enable me to zoom out so I could see the entire page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment