Friday, February 8, 2013

The Treemu

The few first lessons in creative media have overall been a very enjoyable experience and I've learnt many new photoshopping skills through using Adobe Photoshop. I've also learnt not to believe that the photos of models I see in newspapers are real! Because photoshop can be very powerful to the human eye and can trick us into thinking a person looks much more different in a photo to what they actually do in real life.
Our class' first mini project was to photoshop a tree frog and an emu together, creating what we called a 'Treemu.' The steps were quite simple as long as you kept close attention to Mr Powell's instructions. He told us to always line up the eyes if you ever photoshop two faces of either an animal or person together because the eyes are 'the keys to the soul.' If they are lined up correctly, the finishing product will look quite realistic, which can be proved in this photo of my creation: 

















We were also taught how to duplicate the frame of the emu head and how to split it into two sections. We did this in order to change the colour of the beak and hair. I thought that my treemu looked pretty cool and I especially liked the part when I made his eyes transform through the emu head layer as it really helped make this creature look realistic. I also learnt how to create a mask of an image so I could rub out unnecessary areas with the paintbrush tool and also bring back areas I accidentally rubbed out with the erasing tool. When doing this to a mask I like to think of the opposite to paint brush and rubber because if you need to rub out something, you’d go to the paint brush, where as if you were to bring something back you accidentally rubbed out, you would use the rubber.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment